Why is personal data being collected?
There are three legal bases upon which we collect, process and transfer your personal data as described in this privacy notice:
- Contract – to consider potential or to fulfil actual contracts with you. If you are not able to provide this data, it is possible that we will be unable properly to perform our side of any contract with you.
- Legitimate Interest – In order to consider potential or to fulfil actual contracts with you, we need to collect and process personal data about you. We also have a legitimate interest in sending you news, special offers and promotions.
- Consent – We may also rely on your consent to use your personal data in order to provide you with news, special offers and promotions.
To opt out of receiving communications in respect of news, special offers and promotions from us please contact us as below:
- by email at email@example.com
- by post to Data Protection Manager, 11 Thurloe Place, London, SW7 2RS.
With whom will we share your personal data?
Where the personal data is collected for news, special offers and promotional purposes, Sarova Hotels does not share this data with any third party.
We may share data with the relevant travel agency where your hotel accommodation at Sarova Hotels is provided as part of a tour package organised by that travel agency. Where you chose to interact with a review site (such as TripAdvisor), we may share some of your data with that site when addressing or acknowledging your comments.
In the unlikely event that the hotel is unable to accommodate you for any reason, and has to transfer your reservation to an alternative hotel, we will share your details with that other hotel to ensure that your experience is as comfortable as possible under the circumstances.
We pass relevant details to the appropriate third party where you ask us to arrange further services for you which we do not ourselves supply, for example, laundry, excursions or taxis. We share some of your data in this way in order to facilitate the efficient provision of our services, or for contractual reasons. Those contractual reasons may include for example the passing of payment or commission; provision of terms and conditions associated with the service provision or customer feedback.
For your protection and ours, we use an online tool provided by Shield Safety Group, to record health & safety related incidents. Shield Safety Group has confirmed to us that they hold all data within the European Union. The information recorded is only stored for the use of Sarova Hotels, its agents and the relevant authorities. Shield Safety Group has confirmed that it will maintain all data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
For how long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data will only be kept for as long as it is required in order to carry out the activities described in this privacy notice, or as required by Governmental authorities and relevant legislation.
Where we are no longer sending you news, special offers and promotions then, unless there are exceptional legal reasons for keeping your data for longer, we do not keep your personal data for more than seven (7) years. This is to allow for the normal contract law limitation period and for tax purposes.
What are my rights?
The data protection legislation gives you a number of rights. These rights include:
- Right to be forgotten which is explained under the heading “How do I opt out” above.
- Right to make a “subject access request”, which is a request for a copy of the data which we hold about you. In order to exercise this request please go to https://www.sarova.com/download/sar/ .
- Right of correction (or where appropriate erasure) of data which we hold about you where this is inaccurate.
- Right to data portability
- Right to withdraw your future consent to our processing your personal data.
- Right to contact and make enquiries of our data protection manager who can be contacted:
- By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post to: Data Protection Manager, 11 Thurloe Place, London, SW7 2RS
- Right to complain to the Office of the Information Commissioner.
Please be aware that if you exercise one of these rights, that in order to protect your privacy, we may require you to undergo some verification tests to ensure that we are dealing with you.
You have the right to be informed of the matters stated in this privacy notice.